As we all know, the main outfit at the wedding will be the bride’s and most eyes will be on her and her dress.
However, grooms still need scrub up nicely and put some thought into what they are going to wear on one of the biggest days of their lives.
There are many options available to grooms when looking for a suit.
It depends on whether you want your suit to be tailored for you, bought from a designer or menswear store or you can even hire one!
Hiring a suit
Hiring a suit has many great benefits.
If you are on a budget then hiring a suit is a much cheaper option and a great way to save money.
Moreover, you may just simply know that you will never wear this particular suit again in your lifetime, therefore hiring one is perfect.
Tailored suits are usually for very special occasions, and a man’s wedding day is exactly that.
Tailored suits are perfectly fitted, leaving you looking very neat and tidy.
However, it is important to remember that tailored suits can be quite expensive and they may take a long time to order.
Additionally, they are made to fit your exact body at the time of your fittings,
so just be careful and try not to lose or gain too much weight in between the fittings and the wedding day.
Buying an off the rack suit from a designer is also a great way to leave all you grooms feeling very classy on your big day.
Designer suits can be expensive; however, the suit will be perfect for any formal event in the years to come.
You can even purchase a few other accessories such as watches, cufflinks, ties and even shoes, all from the same designer which will look very stylish.
If you are a groom on a budget, then standard suits from menswear stores are great for the big day.
They can look just as special, neat, tidy and dapper as a tailored or designer suit and they are also great for multiple uses after your wedding at other formal events or even at the office.
The shoes will ultimately decide how you will look on your day.
If you decide to go with a pair that just doesn’t go with your suit, then people will notice that straight away.
First of all, the wedding shoes should be narrow, with a pointed end.
The narrowness of the shoe gives the legs a slenderer look.
Also, if you decide to choose laces on the shoes, make sure they are of course the same colour as the shoe itself.
Here are some key points and tips to remember:
- If you decide to wear a black suit, the shoes must also be black and either glossy or matte.
- If you are wearing a light grey suit with no brown undertones, black shoes are the usual choice.
- However, if there are brown undertones then brown shoes may be worn, but try it out first.
- If the suit is white, the best option is white shoes, however, if you are wearing a different coloured shirt underneath the suit, then it is acceptable to wear shoes in the same colour.
- If you are wearing a cream or tan coloured suit then light or medium brown shoes are the best option.
- If the suit is blue or navy, then either black or brown shoes are a great colour match.
The ultimate tip to remember when buying shoes to match the suit is that black is nearly always the safest option and goes with most suit colours.